Friday, August 19, 2011

Bringin It Home

While Michelle rode from Ephraim to Northport Pier, the tippity-top of Door County before heading South to Kewaunee, Kirk took a guided historic walking tour of Ephraim and I hung out at Leroy's Water Street Coffee Shop. For the 2nd day in a row they didn't have any soy milk for my high maintenance tea misto.









Michelle near the Lighthouse in Ephraim

Lunch in Bailey's Harbor for Kirk and me and a last roadside stop for homemade dried cherries and cherry chutney, and then Kewaunee, a humble little town that did, however, have 44 gracious, mid-19th century homes that had made it to the National Historic Registry. Here's an inside glimpse of a room at the Kewaunee Inn where we stayed (for $63.00).

One of the bennies of touring with a SAG vehicle is you can take some little side trips here and there. Thursday, Day 12 of 13 would be such a day. The Brewers were playing at home against the Dodgers, and hey, why not?? So, we busted it from Kewaunee to Milwaukee with Michelle and Toto, her Bacchetta CA2. First lunch at The Palms, an awesome little restaurant in the 3rd Ward which has served as my turn-around point for my Wilmette to Milwaukee rides.




Michelle and me at The Palms.














The "good guys" won 5-1 at Miller Park, the good guys being the Dodgers, since we're Cubby fans.















We capped off the day with a brief visit at the Milwaukee Art Museum to catch their Summer of China Exhibit.


Love Chihuly Glass















Friday August 19th Michelle will ride "home" to Wilmette where she and I'll hang for a week. I will hopefully have received the orthopedist's blessing to launch my bike again, and Kirk will be heading back to Chautauqua for a week with his Mom.

Truly a WOOT couple of weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, the 3rd ward - haven't been there in too long.

    I hope that the ortho gives you the green light.

    ReplyDelete