Friday, July 1, 2011

Two New States

Voluntown must be where all the "teers" live



Never have needed any such worms. Wouldn't know what to do with them.

I so appreciate Kirk's support of my bicycle dreams. (BTW, if you haven't seen Bicycle Dreams, the moive, check out the trailer. You may decide you want to see the whole thing.)

One of those dreams is to ride in all 50 states. This 99-day trek will add 11 new states to my collection leaving only 5 to go by the time I get to Tucson: MT, ND, SD, NE, and AK.

Connecticut and Rhode Island are two currently missing states. So, we left AndyBev's in East Longmeadow, MA and drove to Hopeville, CT. 30 miles later Kirk picked me up in Coventry, RI.

Back in the car off we went to Cape Cod, West Yarmouth, to be exact. We honeymooned on the Cape in 1969. So young we were (21 and 22) we drove away with no money for our wedding trip. Didn't even own a credit card. As we left my grandmother slipped Kirk a $100 bill. We almost made it the whole week on our $100, but Kirk had to bribe a bank to cash a $30 check. Guess many of us started out that poor and equally naive.



The 1969 honeymoon cottage.

No comments:

Post a Comment